VISA APPLY VISA OF THE REPUBLIC OF UZBEKISTAN
According to the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan foreign citizens and stateless persons can enter Uzbekistan or travel through its territory for transit on the basis of entrance visas only. Foreign citizens and stateless persons can get visas at the diplomatic representations and consular missions of the Republic of Uzbekistan abroad on the basis of the visa support (confirmation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan). Visa support is issued on the basis of application of the inviting organization, company and persons who are permanently or temporarily residing in Uzbekistan and submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
List of required documents to invite foreigners :
- Visa application on Head letter of organizations and companies;
- E-form of the site www.uzbekistanvisa.org;
- Copies of passports of the invited person, head of the organization, authorized person of organization to submit the documents;
- Copies of documents of the organization ( license, certificate, etc.);
- Copies of orders to the head and the authorized person;
- Copy of Power of Attorney for the authorized person;
- For arrival visa at the airport "Tashkent" should be provided copies of tickets;
- Certificate of employment of the invited person.
List of required documents to invite foreigners by persons:
- Visa application form;
- E-form of the site www.uzbekistanvisa.org;
- Copies of passports of the invited and the inviting person;
- An original invitation issued by the authorities of internal affairs of Uzbekistan;
- Copies of documents confirming relationship between invited and the inviting person;
- For arrival visa at the airport "Tashkent" should be provided copies of tickets.
Note:Processing of visa application is up to 10 working days if documents have been submitted due to the established order.
In order to apply for the visa, foreign citizens and stateless persons are to submit the following documents to the diplomatic representation or consular mission of Uzbekistan abroad:
- passport or document of stateless person, expiry date of which must exceed the visa’s period of validity not less than 3 months;
- 2 copies of duly completed visa application form;
- 2 passport-size colored photos.
For a transit visa foreign citizens and stateless persons in addition to the above mentioned documents must have a visa of the country of final destination and travel documents with confirmed date of departure from Uzbekistan. In this case processing of visa application is 3 working days. Foreign citizens and stateless persons arriving from the countries where there is no diplomatic representation or consular mission of the Republic of Uzbekistan can get visas upon arrival at the Visa Section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan at the Tashkent International Airport. In this case the inviting physical or juridical person in Uzbekistan must apply in advance to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan in due order, get visa confirmation (stamp) of the Visa Division of the Consular Department and forward it to the invited person. This confirmation should be shown by invited person while buying an air-ticket and passing through passport control and the visa shall be issued on its basis on arrival at the Visa Section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan at the Tashkent International Airport.
The legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan has set the following consular fees for the visa issuance:
a) For single entry visas:
- up to 7 days — $40;
- up to 15 days — $50; ·
- up to 30 days — $60;
- up to 3 months — $80;
- up to 6 months — $120;
- up to 1 year — $160.
Note: For each additional entry the fee shall be increased by $10.
b) For multiple entry visas:
- up to 6 months — $150;
- up to 1 year — $250.
c) For transit visas:
- up to 72 hours — $40;
- double entry transit visa — $50.
d) For group visas (groups must consist of more than 5 persons excluding children under 16 years old):
- up to 15 days — $15 per person;
- up to 30 days — $25 per person.
Except these fees the fees for reimbursement of actual expenses related to the visa issuance (administrative fees) will also be paid. The rates of these fees depend on the place of visa issuance (irrespective of applicant’s citizenship).
Note: Different procedure for issuance of entry visas may be applied to the citizens of those countries that have appropriate bilateral agreements with Uzbekistan.
VISA REGULATIONS FOR SOME COUNTRIES
1. A bilateral visa-free regime has been established with Kyrgyzstan (up to 60 days), Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine.
2. From February 10, 2018, a visa-free regime is introduced for 30 days period for citizens of 7 countries: Japan, Indonesia, Israel, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Singapore and Turkey. The visa-free regime applies to citizens of these countries, holders of all categories of passports (diplomatic, service and civil) planning to visit the Republic of Uzbekistan for up to 30 days, regardless of the purpose of their trip. In order to enter the country, a person must have a valid national passport or another substitute document used for travel to foreign countries. The visa-free regime does not apply to stateless persons permanently residing in the territories of these countries. Accordingly, the visa-free regime is valid for 30 days from the date of entry into Uzbekistan. Before the end of the 30-day visa-free stay period, a foreign citizen must leave the Republic of Uzbekistan. Exceeding the 30-day visa-free stay is recognized as violation of the Rules of stay of foreign citizens in the Republic of Uzbekistan. Accordingly, if it is necessary to stay in Uzbekistan for more than 30 days, a foreign citizen must obtain an entry visa to the Republic of Uzbekistan in accordance with the established procedure, corresponding to the purpose of his trip.
3. From February 10, 2018, simplified procedure for issuing tourist visas is introduced for citizens of 39 countries (list is given below), that implies getting visa within two working days, not counting the day of receiving documents, with the cancellation of the requirement to provide a tourist voucher or an inviting legal / physical person in the Republic of Uzbekistan to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Previously, the simplified procedure for issuing visas was available for citizens of Austria, Belgium, Great Britain, Germany, Spain, Italy, Latvia, France, Switzerland, Thailand, Czech Republic and Poland. Tourists from these countries are given multiple-entry visas for up to 1 month, and representatives of the business community for up to 1 year, without requiring a tour voucher or an invitation from an inviting legal or physical person in Uzbekistan to the Uzbek Foreign Ministry. Visas are issued within 2 working days, not counting the day of receipt of documents.
4. A visa-free regime is established with China, Hungary and Tajikistan (up to 30 days), Vietnam and the Republic of Korea (up to 60 days), Brazil, Latvia, Poland, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Estonia, Kuwait and Turkey (up to 90 days). Citizens of these countries who hold diplomatic passports and are accredited as employees of diplomatic missions or consular offices of their countries located on the territory of Uzbekistan, as well as members of their families have the right to enter and stay without visas for the entire period of work.
5. Uzbekistan and Japan issue visas without consular fees on the mutual basis.
The list of countries whose citizens can use simplified procedure for the issuing of tourist visas since February 10, 2018.
2. Republic of Albania
4. Republic of Bulgaria
5. Bosnia and Herzegovina
7. People’s Republic of China (including the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China)
8. Republic of Croatia
9. Republic of Finland
11. Republic of Greece
12. Kingdom of Denmark
13. Republic of Estonia
14. Republic of India
17. State of Kuwait
18. Republic of Lithuania
21. Republic of Macedonia
22. Republic of Malta
25. Kingdom of the Netherlands
26. New Zealand
27. Kingdom of Norway
28. Sultanate of Oman
29. Republic of Portugal
31. Republic of San Marino
32. Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
33. Republic of Serbia
34. Slovak Republic
35. Republic of Slovenia
36. Kingdom of Sweden
37. United Arab Emirates
38. United States of America
© 2020 All rights reserved.